Youth- High School National Mission Trip 2023
We are so excited to partner with Sojourn Church PDX in Portland, OR happening on July 8-15, 2023. Sojourn Church PDX partners with a number of schools and organizations in the area to reach the community. Each year, they host camps during the summer to connect with people in NE Portland. Each location has been vetted by Sojourn Church PDX and is safe for your students to come and minister alongside their church. Sojourn Church PDX is excited to host us for the week in creating new avenues in ministry among a group (disc golfers) that is unreached. You will have an opportunity to register multiple students under this registration. Please make sure that the email used for the registration is spelled correctly, as we will mainly communicate through email about details pertaining to this event. The deadline to register is May 3, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions :
- WHAT DOES THE REGISTRATION COST?
Registration for the mission trip is $500. This amount encompasses everything the student needs for the mission trip.
- WHAT WILL THE TEAM DO DURING THE MISSION TRIP?
This year we will have the opportunity to help with Community VBS around the Portland area in the mornings. In the afternoons, we will participate in different service projects around the city. At night our students will have a time of worship and spend time in fellowship with each other. This summer, FBCUC will be partnering with Sojourn in two ways! The Short-Term Team is hosting a children’s camp in the morning and in the afternoon a 4-day Disc Golf Tournament at a local park. The Short-Term Team will be engaging through evangelism, canvassing, serving, and cooking for the Disc Golf Tournament. The trip will be combined student ministry and church related mission trip.
WHAT DOES MY STUDENT NEED TO BRING FOR THE MISSION TRIP?
WHAT TO BRING:
- – Bible
- – Journal and pen
- – Twin size bedding or sleeping bag and pillow,
- – Reusable water bottle
- – Toiletries (towel, washcloth, shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap, brush, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- – Medications
- – Sunscreen
- – Cap
- – Insect bug repellant
- – Clothes/Shoes
- – Bring clothes for each day
- – At least 2 outfits you don’t mind getting paint on
- – Closed toe shoes must be worn at all outreaches
- – Pants/Jeans are required at Homeless outreaches, leggings are not considered pants
- – Shorts are allowed, but they must be at fingertip length
- – If we think your shorts are too short, we will ask you to change
- – Bring a pair of modest pajamas
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- – Immodest clothing (V-necks, short shorts, see-through pants, or spaghetti straps)
- – Valuables (We recommend you leave anything of great value at home)