High School International Mission Trip 2024
Frequently Asked Questions :
How safe are these trips?
- Our team makes every effort to keep you safe during your entire experience. We carefully evaluate each location before sending a team and work with partners in the country who are familiar with the area in which you will be staying and working. We research and plan the safest places for you to eat, stay, work and play. We have been working with teams for over 12 years in Costa Rica.
How Much will the trip be? What does it cover?
- The cost of the trip will be $1349. This will include airfare, lodging, travel insurance, meals in the country, and transportation. We require a $200 deposit to secure your student spot. This deposit is non-refundable, if we are not able to fill the spot in case your student cannot attend the trip. Deadline to get all the funds is May 1, 2024. As a reminder, you only need $200 to sign up your student and can pay the reminder in payments until the deadline.
Is there anything not covered in my trip cost?
- The only expenses not covered in your trip cost are meals in airports on travel days, any souvenirs that you may wish to purchase while in the country, and any expenses related to obtaining a passport and immunizations.
When do I need to get a passport?
- If you do not already have a passport, we encourage you to apply for one as soon as possible. The amount of time it takes to get a passport can vary, and we cannot book plane tickets without a copy of each person’s passport. Any costs associated with obtaining a passport are solely your responsibility. You can download a passport application & read instructions on obtaining a passport online at www.travel.state.gov/passport.
*Please note, a current passport must not expire until at least 6 months after your trip ends.
Is a visa required for my trip or any special documents?
- No visa is required for a Costa Rica trip. However, for anyone under 18 years of age, we will need a notarized minor travel consent form signed by both birth parents or legal guardians. All participants under 18 years old must have both birth parents or legal guardians fill and notarize the following form:Minor Travel Consent Form
Will the church offer scholarships for this trip?
- Our pastor’s heart is to help our church members go on missions. The price tag you see above is already discounted from the actual trip cost, which is offset by our student ministry budget. Due to this, we will not offer any further scholarships on mission trips. We encourage your student to do whatever possible to raise the funds to attend on this trip. I want to reiterate that the best way is to sign up early and begin paying towards the trip in installments