High School National Mission Trip 2022
We are so excited to partner with Servant Life in Memphis, TN happening on Jul 9-16, 2022. Servant Life partners with a local church in Memphis that is reaching their community with the hope of Christ by bringing the gospel directly to the community. For the children and youth living in the communities around the church and scattered around Memphis, drugs, gangs, crime, and violence have become a way of life. Many families have been impacted by some type of abuse and the results can be seen everywhere. Short-term teams will be serving in a low-income area of North Memphis where the physical poverty is matched by the spiritual poverty and will be ministering to children and families in local parks and apartment complexes. Each of these locations has been vetted by our local team and is safe for groups to come and minister; the local church has a year-round presence in these areas and is welcomed with open arms.
You will have an opportunity to register multiple students under this registration. Please make sure that the email used for the registration is spelled correctly, as we will mainly communicate through email about details pertaining to this event.
Frequently Asked Questions :
- WHAT DOES THE REGISTRATION COST?
Registration for the mission trip is $249. This amount encompasses everything the student needs for the mission trip.
- WHAT WILL THE TEAM DO DURING THE MISSION TRIP?
This year we will have the opportunity to help with Community VBS around the Memphis area in the mornings. In the afternoons, we will participate in different service projects around the city. At night our students will have a time of worship and spend time in fellowship with each other.
WHAT DOES MY STUDENT NEED TO BRING FOR THE MISSION TRIP?
WHAT TO BRING:
- – Bible
- – Journal and pen
- – Twin size bedding or sleeping bag and pillow,
- – Reusable water bottle
- – Toiletries (towel, washcloth, shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap, brush, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- – Medications
- – Sunscreen
- – Cap
- – Insect bug repellant
- – Clothes/Shoes
- – Bring clothes for each day
- – At least 2 outfits you don’t mind getting paint on
- – Closed toe shoes must be worn at all outreaches
- – Pants/Jeans are required at Homeless outreaches, leggings are not considered pants
- – Shorts are allowed, but they must be at fingertip length
- – If we think your shorts are too short, we will ask you to change
- – Bring a pair of modest pajamas
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- – Immodest clothing (V-necks, short shorts, see-through pants, or spaghetti straps)
- – Valuables (We recommend you leave anything of great value at home)