Middle School Mission Trip 2022
AGORA Street Camp is an intense missions trip where students will SERVE, SHARE, and GROW. Attendees will be in an -inner-city environment in San Antonio, TX serving in our cities greatest area of need. Spend a week in the home of the Alamo, serving the inner-city of San Antonio. We will serve like Christ, share our faith, and experience God in a growing and powerful way!
Frequently Asked Questions :
WHAT DOES THE REGISTRATION COST?
Registration for the mission trip is $199. This amount encompasses everything the student needs for the mission trip.
WHAT DOES THE MISSION TRIP SCHEDULE LOOKS LIKE?
WHAT DOES MY STUDENT NEED TO BRING FOR THE MISSION TRIP?
WHAT TO BRING:
- – Bible
- – Journal and pen
- – Twin size bedding or sleeping bag and pillow,
- – Reusable water bottle
- – Toiletries (towel, washcloth, shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap, brush, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- – Medications
- – Sunscreen
- – Cap
- – Insect bug repellant
- – Clothes/Shoes
- – Bring clothes for each day
- – At least 2 outfits you don’t mind getting paint on
- – Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all outreaches
- – Pants/Jeans are required at Homeless outreaches, leggings are not considered pants
- – Shorts are allowed, but they must be at fingertip length
- – If we think your shorts are too short, we will ask you to change
- – Bring a pair of modest pajamas
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- – Immodest clothing (V-necks, short shorts, see-through pants, or spaghetti straps)
- – Valuables (We recommend you leave anything of great value at home)
- WHERE THE ARE STUDENTS STAYING?
Agora Ministries offers dorms on their premises at 1807 San Fernando St, San Antonio, TX 78207This will allow for a more immersive experience for our students.
- WHO IS AGORA MINISTRIES?
AGORA Ministries is an organization serving our city of San Antonio in the Zip code with the lowest income. They have a heart to see students be the hand and feet of God. Please feel free to check out their website. (https://agoraministries.com)
- WHY AGORA?
One of our core values is to “Serve All.” Agora Ministries does just that. They are focus on loving their community with the purpose of building relationships and sharing the love of God. We want to teach our students that we can make a huge impact here in our city. As stated on their website Agora “exists to share the love and hope of Christ in high need areas. We will accomplish this through encouraging, empowering, educating, and mentoring ‘at risk’ students and families in our area.” As Vertical 220, we want to be a part of that process here in our city.